Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Gustav, the unwelcomed caller...

Tropical Storm Gustav: Tracking Map
...Then I'll huff and I'll puff and...


Well, we've managed to dodge the bullets pretty well since Katrina ripped New Orleans so badly. Unfortunately, Tropical Storm Gustav is looking like he wants to go to Louisiana when he grows up...

...and they grow up so fast, these days.

Where does that leave me? Well, hoping that the storm is small, waving my hands in the hopes of shooing it to one of our neighboring states, stocking up on batteries and canned goods that taste good cold (yum... green bean salad) and planning a trip to scale and cut down (from the top-down) a tree in my Mother-in-law's back yard.

Yup, these sort of things end up my responsibility, as they are no one else's, yet must be done. So, I have a brand-new Ryobi rechargeable chainsaw, a protective hat with a visor, some rope to help pull limbs and tree parts away from me and I'll be renting an extension ladder to do the job. It's looking like it's going to be Friday or Saturday, weather permitting.

If you never hear from me again... well, it might be that I'm bad about updating blogs.

Until later, this geck0 has to prepare to climb a tree.

No comments: